UKIP-vs-EUkip

<b>UKIP-vs-EUkip</b>
CLICK The Pic. for TRAVEL!

Monday 22 August 2011

Derek HUNNIKIN - Resignation Letter & Call for Farage to Resign

Derek HUNNIKIN - Resignation Letter & Call for Farage to Resign

Together with cover letter!

Do Circulate:
Derek HUNNIKIN - Resignation Letter & Call for Farage to Resign

Do See Also:
ONE MAN’S SABOTAGE OF A NOBLE CAUSE by Derek HUNNIKIN

Also See:
THE ASHFORD CENTRE by Derek HUNNEKIN


From: derekhunnikin@btinternet.com
To: ***CUT***;
Subject: Further developments
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:14:12 +0100



Dear all
My resignation from UKIP

Before sending you my missive, ‘One Man’s Sabotage of a Noble Cause’, I made sure that all members of the UKIP Chichester Branch Steering Committee had a hard copy.  At the same time, I included a letter to our Branch Chairman (copy to all Steering Committee Members) that I would not be renewing my membership of UKIP, which expires at the end of this month.

I had hoped to maintain my membership, purely to be in a position to vote for officials of the party, thus being in a position to exclude Farage – but it is not to be.  My reasons for leaving the party are unique to me.

Last Wednesday, 17th August, the Chichester Steering Committee held its monthly meeting.  I did not attend but Steve Harris, Nigel Farage’s right-hand man, was present.  It is clear that Steve told Farage I would not be renewing my membership.   

On Saturday, I received a letter from Nigel Farage saying my role had been very important and thanking me for the work I have done for the party.

It is unlikely Nigel will take the advice given to him in my reply, a copy of which is attached. 

One Man’s Sabotage of a Noble Cause

Had it been possible, I would have sent the above-named document to all those people mentioned therein.   So far I have e-mailed it to:

Dr. David Abbott                    
Ashley Mote                 Geoffrey Collier            Dr. Eric Edmond
John Petley                               John West                    Rodney Atkinson          Petrina Holdsworth
Delroy Young 
        and, because I do not have his e-mail address, I have posted a hard copy to
Richard Suchorzewski.

Please feel free to forward it to those mentioned in the document that are not listed above.

I have sent a copy of the ‘Introduction’ and the ‘Synopsis’ to all Chichester UKIP members who are connected to the internet, asking them to let me know if they would like the full text. 

Many thanks for your kind words to those of you who have already replied to my submission,.

Regards
Derek H
Hi,

And so UKIP loses another long term member! And yet another damning resignation letter exposes Farage's inept and corrupt leadership!

95 St Leodegar’s Way
Hunston
Chichester
West Sussex
PO20 1PE

22nd August 2011


TO:
Nigel Farage MEP
UKIP South East Region
The Old Grain Store
Church Lane
Lyminster
West Sussex
BN17 7QJ

Dear Nigel

Many thanks for your letter of 18th August, thanking me for the hard work I have done for UKIP over the past 16 years. It has to be said that, until quite recently, I have enjoyed the full support and encouragement of my wife in this endeavour.

I have never forgotten the early morning telephone call we had from you, I think it was in 1999, thanking us for leafleting the whole of Arundel by ourselves. This, after we had covered several villages around Chichester – again, on our own. Back then I had full confidence in your ability to campaign for UKIP.

However, I am sorry to tell you Nigel that, over the years, that confidence has been eroded to the point, reached a few years ago, when I came to the conclusion that you were more of a liability to UKIP than an asset, and today you are a hindrance. Indeed, I was extremely disappointed when you stood for the leadership last year.
Over the years you have driven many talented people away from UKIP. To name a few, they include:

Bryan Smalley
Chris Cook
Rodney Atkinson
Peter Davies
Michael Holmes
Christina Speight
Cam Poulter
Ashley Banks
Ron Dickenson
Bruce King
Simon Stoker
Don Briggs
Barrie Draper
Robin Laming
Mike Carter
Janet Girsman
Jose O’Ware
Harold Green
Lyn Riley
Richard North
Anthony Scholefield
Marcus Stead
L. K.Hansford
M. Stringfellow
D. Dixon
J. Bolton
O. Blackburn
Richard Suchorzewski
D. Matthews
L. A. Harris
C. Sparkes
T. Greenaway
David Abbott
Delroy Young
Robin Page
Petrina Holdsworth
John Petley
Eric Edmond
John West
D. Bellobaba
Ian Gillman
Martin Haslam
David Noakes


All the above had given generously of their time and money, and were in responsible positions within the party. In every case they mention your overwhelming influence (as leader or de facto leader) as the reason for their resignation from UKIP. No doubt others could add many more names. In some instances, I understand, whole branches have closed (West Dorset for example) following disputes which could, with care, have been avoided.

There have been several policy decisions, initiated by you, that have been highly questionable - the latest being the attempt to absorb our MEPs into a pan-European political party (PEPP). A letter I recently received from one of our most persistent and hard working campaigners included the following sentence, “I have not renewed my membership of UKIP. I shall write to tell them that I cannot possibly support Farage in his attempt to join the pan-European Group. UKIP was formed to come out.”

No doubt, had you won the argument on this issue, many others would have resigned from the Party.

As your bid to absorb our MEPs into a PEPP confirms - you have learnt nothing. I can understand those who say that you have ‘gone native’ in the EU. Your speeches in the EU parliament are most entertaining but have not, and will not, get UKIP one MP into our Westminster parliament.

Your attempts to be elected to Westminster have been, at best, an embarrassment, and at worst a disaster. I suspect that in the case of the Buckinghamshire/Bercow election a local UKIP candidate would, undoubtedly, have fared much better. Locals do not generally welcome candidates who have been parachuted in from outside their patch.

Nigel, you have worked very hard for the party but, I regret to say, on too many occasions, in a detrimental way.

Another minus is that you seem to have a penchant for spending party funds on litigation which, in many instances, I suspect, with tact and diplomacy, could have been avoided

In the early days you repeated many times that you hoped your period in politics would be the shortest job of your working career, and that you could make more money as a commodity trader.

As an overwhelming number of members voted against your PEPP initiative you should now do the honourable thing and resign as party leader. By so doing, in the eyes of many, you would mitigate some of the negative opinions held against you. In addition, you would be doing yourself, the party, and the country, a great favour. It is suggested that you make an announcement to this effect at the party conference next month, and invite Trevor Colman or Gerard Batten to act as caretaker leader until an election for your replacement can be held.

Personally, I would recommend that you do not stand again for the NEC or the EU parliament in 2014, and that you take a well earned break from politics!

Finally, Nigel, you must be thanked for the many positive contributions you have made to our cause. I wish you well in the route it is hoped you will now take out of politics.

Yours sincerely

(Sgd) D. Hunnikin

Derek Hunnikin

c.c. The Chichester Branch Steering Committee Members,
Trevor Coleman MEP, Gerard Batten MEP

 INDEPENDENT Leave-the-EU Alliance
or Write on YOUR ballot Paper 
LEAVE-THE-EU

Posted by: Greg Lance-Watkins
tel: 01291 - 62 65 62
DO MAKE USE of LINKS & >Right Side Bar<  
Also:
Details & Links: http://GregLanceWatkins.Blogspot.com  
General Stuff: http://gl-w.blogspot.com  
Health Blog.: http://GregLW.blogspot.com  
TWITTER: Greg_LW
 

 Please Be Sure To 
.Follow Greg_LW on Twitter.
Re-TWEET my Twitterings
& Publicise My Blogs 

To Spread The Facts World Wide
of

OUR-ENEMY-WITHIN

&
To Leave-The-EU
 Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta